Who doesn’t love a good makeover!? In our first ever Makeup Matters feature, we take a fair-skinned, blue-eyed blonde from boring to beautiful with a smoky eye and glossy red lip. Here’s the scoop:
BEFORE: Diane walked into our Hollywood store in dire need of evening eye makeup. Already happy with her day-to-day makeup routine, she was looking for something dramatic and different for dressier events.
AFTER: Our fabulous sales rep Despina combined brown and burgundy eyeshadows with black liner and lashes to make Diane’s blue eyes pop and complement her peaches and cream complexion. Instead of a true red lip, a bronzy version high on gloss keeps the focus on the eyes but balances out the face.
GET THE LOOK!
STEP 1: LINGERIE
- Massage two pumps of Auto Pilot Napoleon Complex Serum onto the face and neck.
- Follow by richly applying NP Set Wake Me Up Day Cream for velvety smooth moisture finish.
- Top off with quarter size amount of the Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer all over the face, except the eyelids. Use a g20 High Definition Foundation/Concealer Brush to feather the primer over the skin.
- Dab Eye Will Survive Eye Primer all over eyelid and even out with finger.
- Use Sheer Genius Foundation in Look 2 to create a luminous, polished look. Again, use the g20 Brush to apply the foundation.
- Prep lips with Auto Pilot Lip Service.
- Curl lashes and apply Mesmer-Eyes Mascara on the top lashes only.
STEP 2: DRESS
- For supermodel cheekbones, use the Ultimate Contour Palette to add definition to the face. To contour, sweep 20b Contour Brush under the cheekbones, temples, and jawline. Then use the Sculpting & Contour Sable Brush 16r to swipe back and forth in the socket of the eye and continue down both sides of the nose. Next apply the highlight shade on the bridge of the nose and cupid’s bow on the top lip. Using the 20b Brush again, swipe the blush color on the apples of the cheeks.
- Sweep the lightest shade of Blush Patrol on the brow bone and inner corner of the eyes for instant brightness and lift.
- Lightly dust Blush Patrol on the cheeks with the 20b Brush to create a rosy glow.
- Fill in the brows with Eyebrow Pencil in Pale Rider.
- Add China Doll Gel Eyeliner in Equinox using a fine eyeliner brush. Smudge across the lashline and line the waterline of the eyes.
- Time for eyeshadow! Use our Angled Eye 9a Brush to blend the All That Shiraz Color Disc onto the mobile lid in an upward sweeping motion.
- Smoke out the look using Smudging & Sculpting 7r Brush to blend Chocolate Ganache Color Disc in the socket.
- For sultry lips, apply NP Set Lipstick in Cancun and dab NP Set Lip Gloss in Hawaii to only the center of the lips. Finish by lining the lips with NP Set Lipliner in Monaco.
STEP 3: STYLE
- Apply another coat of Mesmer-Eyes Mascara on both the top and bottom lashes. Then add a subtle hint of extra drama with Pansy Individual Lashes.
- Mist Boudoir Mist Look 1 to add a gorgeous glow to the skin and ensure water-resistant protection.
COMPLETE PRODUCT LIST:
- Auto Pilot Napoleon Complex Serum
- NP Set Wake Me Up Day Cream
- Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer
- Eye Will Survive Eye Primer
- Sheer Genius Foundation in Look 2
- Auto Pilot Lip Service
- Mesmer-Eyes Mascara
- Blush Patrol
- Eyebrow Pencil in Pale Rider
- China Doll Gel Eyeliner in Equinox
- All That Shiraz Color Disc
- Chocolate Ganache Color Disc
- NP Set Lipstick in Cancun
- NP Set Lip Gloss in Hawaii
- NP Set Lipliner in Monaco
- Pansy Individual Lashes
- Boudoir Mist Look 1